With its 2017 net sales reaching an astounding $178 billion mark in the United States,
Amazon has become synonymous with eCommerce in many aspects. It is no wonder that it is becoming the first choice for sellers who are new to the eCommerce terrain.
When it comes to selling well on Amazon, simply creating a listing and taking a back seat doesn’t help much. In order to keep your sales boat afloat, it is important to deploy Amazon product listing optimization, the right way . However, while doing so, it is necessary to keep in mind that you are not the only one optimizing your listing. In fact, there are a large number of Amazon sellers who are putting their best foot forward to rank in the top search results.
We have listed below some ways for enhancing your product visibility that sellers often tend to ignore:
1. Opt for Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)- Products that are fulfilled by Amazon enjoy much more credibility in the buyer’s eye in comparison to products that are handled and shipped by the buyers themselves. FBA causes a small surge in the overall cost for a seller. However, if you don’t mind spending a little extra in return for a host of benefits like becoming qualified for Prime orders* and improving your order defect rate , (which often becomes a major roadblock in winning the ‘buy box’), you should surely give it a try.
2. Use a Professional Account- If you are not using the Amazon Pro seller account, you are leaving a big sum on the table while also affecting your product visibility. Besides this:
- You are paying Amazon a much more monthly fee than you should and thereby cutting down the money spent on your listing optimization efforts.
- If you do not have a professional account, you miss the chance of selling items that belong to the restricted category like jewellery and clothing.
- Sellers who don’t have a professional account are not eligible for availing promotional services that directly impact your product visibility.
3. Keep UPC updated- The Universal Product Code (UPC) is a unique 12-digit number used to identify products and sellers. Quite often, it is copied from the manufacturers who do not update it even when they replace certain products with their close alternatives or introduce its updated version. Since Amazon automatically retrieves this code, any discrepancy can result in penalties thereby casting a negative impact on your ranking.
You can follow these steps to optimize your product listing and be one step ahead of your competitors who merely resort to conventional optimization practices. To ease your task, you can simply hire Amazon VAs who help you make the most of these inadequately tapped key areas.
Get in Touch
If you have long been thinking about optimizing your Amazon product listing, our experts can help you accomplish your sales aspirations. For a free consultation, you can write to us at email@example.com