The countdown is on for the most awaited shopping event of the year- Amazon Prime Day 2023. Amazon sellers know how crucial this event is to get in front of millions of active customers in the most competitive eCommerce marketplace.
Thus, sellers are leaving no stone unturned to prepare for this event. From strategizing the best deals and offers to focusing on end-to-end Amazon marketplace management, everybody tries their best to maximize sales and ROI. We are going to help you on that mission with these Amazon Prime Day selling tips gathered from specialists.
When Is Amazon Prime Day In 2023?
Amazon Prime Day will start on July 11th,2023 at 3 AM (ET). This will be a 48-hour event that’ll continue through July 12th,2023.
Amazon Prime Day: A Small Introduction
It was started in 2015 to celebrate the 20th milestone of Amazon and has since evolved into a two-day event that features the most discounted product prices across the eCommerce marketplace. And this year, Amazon is holding it for the ninth time globally.
In 2022, Prime Day was held on the 12th and 13th of July and broke every record by marking total sales of $12 billion. The value is a boost from Amazon Prime Day 2021, which was $11.19 billion.
Here are complete Amazon Prime Day 2022 statistics that can give you an idea of how successful the event was and how big it will be in 2023.
Amazon Prime Day 2022 Statistics
- In 2022, Amazon Prime members purchased over 100,000 items every minute.
- The best-selling categories included Home, Consumer Electronics and Amazon Devices.
- The peak shopping time was on 12th July (Tuesday) from 9 A.M. to 10 A.M. PT.
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 was “the biggest Prime Day.”
- The ‘most purchased’ products during Prime Day 2022 were the Fire TV stick, Echo Dot 4th generation smart speakers, Blink cameras and doorbells, Ring video doorbells, and Amazon gift card reloads. Additionally, products including VTech & LeapFrog toys, Vital Proteins Collagen Whey, diapers and wipes from Pampers & The Honest Company, Levi’s apparel, and accessories were also the top-hits during Prime Day.
- Total products sold on Prime Day 2022 were over 300 million.
- Over 1.2 million sunglasses and 1 million swimsuits were purchased by US-based customers, marking their summer celebration.
Best Tips For Guaranteed Success On Amazon Prime Day 2023
Amazon Prime Day deals and discounts are still under wraps. However, there are many things that you can learn to make the most out of this special event. So, here are the six best tips from Amazon Pros to be ready.
Are you not prepared for Amazon Prime Day 2023? Do you need a growth partner to thrive on Amazon Prime Day?Talk To The Industry’s Best Amazon Experts.
1. Get Hold Of The Right Account
If you want to sell on Amazon, you must have an account. The right and professional one! It gives you greater access to Amazon’s marketing tools.”
By having the right account, you can piggyback on Amazon’s biggest event, ‘Prime Day,’ to showcase your products to a global consumer base of 310 million.
Other Benefits of Having A Professional Seller Account-
- Access to Certain Selling Categories (otherwise restricted)
- Better Listing and Inventory Management
- Better Feedback and Review Management
- Buy Box Eligibility
- Less Subscription Fee
- Access To Third-Party Users
2. Offer Best Deals & Discounts
Best Deals on Amazon Prime Day = Bigger Discounts
Usually, products with the most inflation or best deals and discounts become bestsellers on Amazon Prime Day. So why not try using it to your advantage?First, strategize the best prices with attractive deals and discounts and offer them at the biggest Amazon event. Then, start by giving less discount initially and increasing the percentage with time.
For instance, sell an ‘X’ product at 20% and increase it by 30% after 2-3 days. This way, you’ll attract maximum customers, resulting in maximum sales and ROI.
Other Benefits of Offering Deals and Discounts-
- Featured Product On Amazon’s Today’s Deals Page
- More Visibility, Traffic, and Sales
- Improve SEO Ranking
3. Efficient Inventory Management
Imagine getting many orders, but your products are out of stock. This scenario will make you lose the biggest opportunity and hurt your IPI score (Inventory Performance Index).
Therefore, it is imperative to stock up on your products and maintain a substantial inventory to cater to your customer orders efficiently. However, don’t overstock or keep it below the minimum level – Optimality is the key. A minimum and maximum inventory level need to be maintained to make the most out of Amazon Prime Day.
Unfortunately, the process can be time-consuming and arduous, so the best option here is to hire an expert for Amazon inventory management. It will save you from the hassles of stock-keeping, order processing, and a gamut of other things.
Other Benefits of Efficient Inventory Management-
- Good IPI Score
- Reduced Storage Cost
- Positive Customers’ Reviews & Feedback
- Better Stock Circulation
- Improved Order Processing Speed
4. Understand Your Prospects’ Intent
It is of utmost importance that you understand which products are in demand, what sells, and what your target audience is looking for at this prime event. With this information in hand, you are already in the game.
A quick analysis of your product sales in the past few months will give you a clear idea of what you should offer to your prospective buyers on the big day.
Other Benefits of Knowing Prospects’ Intent-
- Better Targeted Product
- Optimized Marketing & Sales
- Personalized Outreach
- Lead Scoring
- Reduce Customer Churn & Upsell
5. Optimized Product Listings
Ensure optimizing your product listings ahead of Amazon Prime Day. For instance, if you are selling apparel, a customer would like to have all the information related to the material you’ve used, designs, patterns, variations, sizes, colors, etc.
You are required to provide these details through product listings. The more descriptive your listings are (filled with highly searched keywords), the higher chances it will have of selling.
In addition, you can also use Amazon A+ content to add and modify product descriptions, images, and texts.
Benefits of Amazon Product Listing Optimization-
- Improves Page Load Speed
- Boost Conversions
- Enhance User Engagement
- Higher SEO ranking.
- More Traffic, Sales, & Conversions
6. Spend on Advertisement
Optimizing your Amazon Pay Per Click campaigns is integral for your eRetail business, especially on Amazon Prime Day. The reason is that during the time, everything became amplified on Amazon. The traffic increases exponentially. The potential for better ad performance also rises. Subsequently, the competition also gets tougher as the sales potential of Prime Day attracts more sellers.
Thus, ensure you use PPC campaigns correctly. Otherwise, you are going to miss out on massive sales opportunities.
Benefits of Amazon Advertisement-
- Higher Search Appearance
- Extensive Customer Reach
- Reduced Sales Cycle
- Improved Search Engine Rankings
- Increased Conversion Rate
Are You Struggling To Win On Amazon Prime Day 2023 At The Eleventh Hour?
These tips, coming straight from Amazon Pros, will help you secure success in this big event and enable you to drive sales and revenue by bolstering your presence on both- search engines as well as Amazon.
If you are still not sure of your preparations, you should take help from specialists. Experts at Data4Amazon are well-aware of the plan of action to be channelized for augmented sales. Hire an Amazon virtual assistant for Amazon marketplace management and successfully get through Amazon Prime Day 2023. Reach out to us at email@example.com without wasting any more time.
Amazon Prime Day 2023 – FAQs
1. How Can You Add A Deal For Amazon Prime Day And Check If It’s Eligible Or Not?
There is a process for submitting a product deal for any event on Amazon-
- Step 1: Go to the deals dashboard.
In the drop-down menu, click on a date column, and check available event options.
- Step 2: Select the planned event, and create and schedule a new product deal, discount, or offer.
After the process, if there are no ASINs visible in the deals dashboard, that means your products do not match the eligibility criteria.
2. What If My Deals Didn’t Get Scheduled For The Event?
Your products and deals need to pass specific criteria to be eligible for the event. If your deals didn’t get scheduled for the event, you have to recheck the guidelines.
3. What Is The Total Fee Amazon Charges For Prime Day Deals?
Amazon considers many factors, including your product, locale, deals, etc. On these terms, the marketplace decides the fee. Undeniably, Prime Day is when the marketplace gets loads of traffic. Thus you can expect a higher fee.
4. How Will I Know If I Can Run A Deal?
You get a notification in your seller central with the date and time a week prior to the scheduled event. In that notification, you’ll also get the event name like Prime Day, Black Friday, etc.